With SEVERAL false prophets abound in today’s world (on Youtube, in mega-churches, on Christian radio, in Christian magazines, in Christian books, on Google webpages, in local churches, on news programs, even right here on WordPress, etc.), how can one know for sure rather or not someone is TRULY of God or not? Though this is not a COMPLETE checklist, it is a good start:
- Do they ask for money? While not ALL ministries that ask for money are false per say, 99.5% of them ARE! So how can one tell? IF the “ministry in question” does NOT preach about repentance of SIN, Salvation in Jesus Christ ONLY, the REALITIES of hell/the lake of fire, the TRUE history of Christianity since 325AD, bible prophecy of the End Times, the TRUTH about what’s really going on in America today, the TRUTH about what the bible says about homosexuality (as in — it’s an abomination unto God), the TRUTH about the Devil’s lies, the IMPORTANCE of reading the bible (specifically, King James Version), etc., then that’s ministry’s a false ministry and should be avoided at ALL COSTS! [These are the LAST DAYS OF AMERICA, people! We don’t have TIME to be victims of false ministries! Our eternal souls are too precious!]
- Do they deny the Holy Trinity of God the Heavenly Father, the Holy Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit?
- Do they proclaim to speak in tongues, per say?
- Do they deny The Rapture of the church?
- Do they live extravagantly? (Example: televangelists that live in mansions, have multiple houses, drive nice cars, etc).
- Do they try to claim that “God wants us to be RICH” (as in, materialistically/financially rich?)
- Do they say we no longer have to celebrate The Sabbath? (Specifically, the 7th Day Sabbath?)
- Do they hold the Ecumenical/Pro-Catholic Church viewpoint?
- Do they say you no longer need to read the bible?
- Do they claim “if you send money, God will bless you ABUNDANTLY?”
- Do they claim it’s okay to live in fornication outside of marriage?
- Do they say that homosexual relationships and homosexual marriages are OK in God’s eyes?
- Do they proclaim that there’s no condemnation for sin?
- Do they proclaim that sins can be forgiven by those other than Jesus Christ?
- Do they profess a belief in a “Purgatory?”
- Do they encourage a *close relationship* with the Catholic Church and its doctrines?
- **Do they whine at you if you don’t donate money?**
- Do they claim that God/Jesus Christ is OK with abortion?
- Do they claim they are OK with the Womens’ Liberation Movement (thus, disregarding the bible passages that proclaim that the mother or the wife is supposed to be in charge of maintaining the house/dwelling place and children?)
- Do they preach about the importance of forgiveness and then, in the next breath, talk about a recent grudge they have against someone?
- *****Do they disregard bible prophecy (specifically, bible prophecy of the End Times/Revelation) and claim “it’s no longer important?*****
- Do they hold a viewpoint of “once saved, always saved?”
- Do they call “bible study” OF THE DEVIL?
- Do they claim that it’s not necessary to pray for forgiveness of sins?
- Do they teach that EVERYONE and EVERY world religion goes to ETERNAL PARADISE?
- Do they claim that God likes ALL music?
- Do they claim that sex before marriage and/or living together before marriage is just fine?
- Do they try to teach that Jesus doesn’t ever personally appear to people in person or in dreams, in today’s world?
- Do they claim that Allah and the God of the bible are the SAME GOD (which couldn’t be further from the truth, by the way?)
- Do they teach REPLACEMENT THEOLOGY (as in that “God is DONE with Israel?”)
- Do they teach that it’s not necessary to help those who are less fortunate than us/in need?
- Do they combine New Age teachings WITH Christian teachings (such as Meditation, Reading Tarot Cards/Horoscope/Walking in Labyrinths, etc.)
- Do they teach that Jesus was not the true Son of God?
- Do they discount the importance of confession of our sins to Jesus Christ Almighty?
- Do they proclaim that the PAGAN holidays of Christmas, Easter and Halloween are TRUE CHRISTIAN HOLIDAYS?
- Do they teach that Jesus and Satan were “brothers”?
- Do they teach that it’s OK to pray to “saints” and/or “angels”?
- Do they teach that it’s OK to have “idols” or “graven images” placed all throughout your car, work, church and/or home?
- Do they teach that “the Old Testament NO LONGER APPLIES” and “has no significance in our lives today?”
- Do they claim that we “NO LONGER NEED TO CELEBRATE THE LORD’S 7 ANNUAL FEASTS, OUTLINED IN LEVITICUS 23”?
- PLUS MANY, MANY MORE!!!!!
If ANY of these “signs” appear in your “church” (rather a physical church, a TV church or an online church), or “favorite ministry” (rather it be a radio/tv/online/local ministry), don’t walk away, RRRUUUNNN! And never look back! Because if you stay “entrenched” in THAT false church or THAT false ministry, you WILL be deceived, MARK MY WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In fact, driving home from work yesterday, while listening to Bot Radio Network in my car, I heard this broadcast where the announcer was saying: “for just $76 dollars a year, you can feed 2 children 2 warm meals a day for a year. Won’t YOU donate your gift? You can even DOUBLE your gift and double the amount to feed DOUBLE the number of children! Won’t YOU give generously to the children to ensure they have 2 warm meals a day? Won’t YOU donate your gift of $950 dollars?” or something along those lines and I was just THOROUGHLY APPALLED! ;(
For……..WHAT KIND OF PERSON IN THEIR *RIGHT MIND* IS GOING TO TRY TO EMBEZZLE NINE HUNDRED AND *FIFTY* DOLLARS FROM SOMEONE?! Especially in TODAY’S ECONOMY, when there are SO many homeless people out there today [some were even once active military and/or even hold PhD’s!!!!!!] And for some old people out there (who they’re no doubt likely targeting), that’s their ENTIRE PENSION for a few months’ worth!
CLEARLY it’s a SCAM! And it NEVER ceases to amaze me just how many “programs” ASK FOR MONEY for “various reasons” (“they need a radio tower in Cuba”…….REALLY?…….”there’s starving children in _______”…..nevermind that the U.N. ALREADY sends in ton of U.S.-backed aide to these countries…….
“this ministry can’t survive without the **GENEROUS DONATIONS** (generous being a “buzz word”, here) of our listeners”….REALLY?….Never mind that the cost of radio is most likely covered by its advertisers!!!! And when I flipped through the TV a year or so ago and this Messianic Rabbi guy said at the end of the sermon: “if this ministry has blessed you, SEND MONEY”, it just made my BLOOD BOIL! 😦
And though some “evangelists” give a good message about how this world is fallen and how we need to turn to Jesus Christ and have faith in Jesus Christ in our lives, AS SOON as they start ASKING FOR MONEY, it’s almost like their “message” then becomes “deactivated”. For while they were letting the Holy Spirit speak through them DURING their “message” of sin/repentance/salvation, they allowed the Holy Spirit to LEAVE THEM as soon as they started ASKING FOR MONEY! Heck, even asking for money from people, in and of itself, shows a true LACK OF FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY! For all those who TRUST the Lord Jesus KNOW firsthand that HE and HE ALONE will provide for all their financial needs!
JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY IS **NOT** A CASH COW, OKAY FOLKS! Nor should he ever, ever, EVER be made out to be one by today’s Christians……for ANY REASON….I don’t care WHAT reason people try to give. It’s NON-BIBLICAL. For Jesus and his disciples NEVER charged a single coin for people to “hear their message”. They preached onto the poor, the homeless, the maimed, the sick, the blind. And they NEVER charged people money for their “services”. EVER!!!!!!!!!
Now, when people start a ministry, they can go one of either ways. They can go for non-tax exempt, for-profit organization or they can go for tax-exempt, non-profit organization that accepts donations. Sadly, NEITHER of these “ministry set-up models” are BIBLICAL and that’s just what’s so sad about the concept of “ministry” in today’s world. Plus the types of things that they’re teaching people at seminaries these days…..to focus on the “historical” or the “intellectual” aspect of Jesus Christ, instead of on the TRUE nature of Jesus Christ.!
Today’s seminaries in general teach people to preach about Jesus as if he’s a gold coin that they need to “sell” to people, instead of teaching them the necessary tools to preach about Jesus Christ in such a way that the person walks away feeling as though they learned something, feeling as though the Holy Spirit spoke to them through the sermon, feeling as though the Lord Jesus himself spoke to them personally through the sermon and then, going out and CHANGING THEIR WHOLE LIVES AND HEARTS AROUND, as a result OF that very sermon.
That’s the type of preaching that we need here in America, today and throughout the world. And MOST IMPORTANTLY, preachers need to teach about bible prophecy and how it impacts our lives today. [Although I have to admit I myself haven’t even had time to start a Bible Prophecy page yet here on this blog, as I’ve been too busy focusing on the basic things, who Jesus is, what he did, how to get saved & stay saved, etc. So please forgive me, I will start a Bible Prophecy page soon here in the near future…..]
But yet, the “wolves in sheep clothing” are EVER-SO-GOOD for “making you feel bad if you don’t donate”. Guilt trips and manipulation are common amongst these folks.
However, nonetheless, WHEN it comes to all the wolves in sheep’s clothing, I pray in the name of the Lord that these people will have their eyes opened and that they will soon turn from their ways and turn TO or turn BACK to Jesus Christ before it’s too late & their souls are lost for eternity! I fear for these people’s souls! ;( I can’t sleep at night sometimes, worrying about what’s gonna happen to them, if they don’t repent in the name of Jesus Christ before it’s too late! IF ONLY they knew the true “hell” they were headed for, after they die! I honestly think that they think in their mind that hell isn’t real or that it’s “not going to be too bad”. IF ONLY THEY KNEW THE TRUTH! ;(