We’ve all probably seen movies like “The Exorcist”, “The Omen”, “The Unholy”, etc. But is that what the Devil’s REALLY like all the time, when he tempts or confronts humankind (rather religious or not) alike? Does he REALLY come full out with guns blazing all the time? Or is he more subtle in nature? Today, I submit to you that 9 times out of 10, he comes in a more subtle nature. He does NOT come out in such a way as to say “hi, I’m the devil and I’m here to deceive you, mhuahahahaha”. He usually comes by way through the people and things that we are heavily influenced by (friends, family, coworkers, the music we listen to, the movies we watch, the videogames we play, etc.)
Now, does that mean he POSSESSES those people and those things? Sometimes he can and sometimes he will. But typically, he or his demons will speak his message THROUGH that person or THROUGH that movie or TV show or videogame. For example, maybe you have an Atheist friend that starts persecuting you for your faith (that’s the devil speaking through your friend). Or you have someone (a stranger or a coworker) come up and say a not so nice thing to/about you (again, the devil and his demons speaking through that person to try to make you feel bad about yourself).
Or perhaps your friends try to talk you into going to see some non-Christian movie (again, the devil speaking through your friends……as he knows you won’t listen to him directly, but maybe he can try to trick you through your friends, am I right?) Or you’ll just be sitting there reading your bible one day when all of a sudden, you just feel COMPLETELY hungry or COMPLETELY tired or the like. The spiritual attack on you by the devil is SO subtle that oftentimes, you don’t even see it happening. And that’s how the Devil rolls. Subtlety. Because remember that his goal is to DECEIVE MANY. So how could he ever do that if he were to come full out with guns blazing, announcing who is from the get go? That would pretty much just defeat his purpose of deceiving many, now wouldn’t it?
But not only is he subtle, he is DETERMINED. He and his demons will STOP AT NOTHING until they get a humankind person to fall from grace. (And for the Jews that don’t already accept Jesus Christ as their Lord & Messiah, the Devil already gots a TWOFOLD HOLD on them, (for now), and I pray that the Lord Jesus Christ will soon rescue such out of Satan’s hands. But for the Jews that already DO accept Jesus Christ as their Lord & Messiah, Satan and his demons have to try to fight TEN TIMES HARDER to try to get that person to fall).
Basically, Satan’s technique is like the “stratagem” used in the movie “Mean Girls” where a girl’s bestfriend secretly helps her seek revenge against a popular girl by writing out an agenda on a chalkboard of all the things they’d have to ruin in the girl’s life so they could effectively ruin the popular girl. That’s how Satan rolls. He takes out his spiritual chalkboard, sort’ve speak, writes out a spiritual agenda how to ruin each and every humankind’s soul (rather religious or not) — ESPECIALLY the souls of Jews and Christians — and then goes down the list:
1. “Their marriage is good for right now? Okay, lets bring in exhibit A (attractive woman) and exhibit B (attractive man) into their respective lives and see if we can’t shake things up a bit in their marriage”. And then, together with his demons, (who oftentimes believe it or not, can actually “inhabit” the bodies of “the other man” or “the other woman”), Satan works to wreck havoc on that marriage. And if the two people IN that marriage aren’t submitting themselves to Christ & the gospel, they’re “easy pickins” for The Devil and his demons to swoop right in and destroy that marriage.
2. Once that marriage is destroyed, (IF it is destroyed), Satan and his demons will consult with the divorce lawyers and try to make each parties focus be about MONEY! And then after the divorce, Satan will send in some NEW people in their lives since God hates remarriage! In fact, the bible says that remarriage is only possible/blessed if one of the spouses had died (or if there’s “adultery”). But today, we see people being married and remarried 3 or more times. Marriage has become such a “cheap institution” and we have Satan and his demons to thank for that! ;(
3. If a person is not married/single, Satan will just keep going down through the list until he can find something that’ll make that person fall. Maybe a person struggles with food, alcohol or drug addiction. Maybe they’re lonely & isolated. Maybe they struggle with the sin of lust (rather in a relationship or not). Or perhaps a person has a strained relationship with a friend, family member, or coworker. Whatever it is, Satan knows our weak spots and he knows where to hit us hard.
4. Once we fall and “get knocked down”, spiritually speaking, Satan and his demons TRY TO KEEP US THERE! And how do they try to keep us there? By making us feel OVERCOME with our feelings of doubt, fear, guilt, shame, lack of faith and fear over all the “sins” in our lives! There seems to be this constant spiritual chorus of “look what YOU did, look what YOU did, Jesus will never forgive you, NOW! You have no hope!” And that’s their way of trying to deceive us and trick us. Because the bible clearly says in Romans 10:13 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”.
5. He and his demons are that small, still, subtle voice in our heads that say things like:
- “go ahead and buy that snack with trans fat, it’s not gonna effect your heart any”
- “go ahead and kill yourself….Jesus won’t send you to hell for killing yourself”
- “go ahead and cheat on your husband/wife (if married) or your boyfriend/girlfriend (if in a relationship), they DESERVE to be cheated on, God understands…really….”
- “go ahead and relax for awhile….you don’t really NEED to read your bible EVERY single day to have a good spiritual relationship with the Lord, even every FEW days is fine”.
- **it’s OKAY to be actively GAY and/or to live the GAY Lifestyle and to have/be in a homosexual marriage!**
- “Muslims and Christians really DO worship the same God”.
- “you’re fat, you’re ugly, you’re no good, you’re never gonna amount to anything”
- “your kids HATE YOU”
- “your _______ HATES YOU” (rather it be your mother, father, grandmother, husband, wife, neighbor, etc.)
- “Jesus Christ hates you!”
- “You’re too much of a sinner for Jesus Christ to accept! There’s NO HOPE for you! Jesus Christ will NEVER forgive you!”
- “your life’s never gonna get better!”
- “you have REASON to hate this person……they don’t deserve any forgiveness by YOU…so don’t give them the satisfaction of YOUR forgiveness!”
- “The Rapture is a false doctrine”
- “The Lord will unleash his wrath on his true church during the Tribulation”
- “demons don’t exist/Satan doesn’t exist/Jesus Christ/God doesn’t exist”
- “there IS no such thing as hell”
- “the lake of fire is not for eternity”
- “you’ll NEVER be able to overcome your sin/addictions in your life” and MANY, MANY MORE!!!
6. The less of a fight we put up against Satan and his demons, the MORE he’s going to be able to FIGHT US and to infiltrate our mind, hearts, bodies and spirits!
7. The ONLY WAY to defeat Satan and his demons altogether is to:
- Pray to Jesus Christ
- Have Faith in Jesus Christ
- Trust Jesus Christ
- Wait on Jesus Christ for deliverance
8. But please know this: the harder and harder you try to fight off the Devil and his demons, the harder and harder that he’s gonna try to fight back! While there IS that passage in the bible in James 4:7 which states: “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you“, Satan only flees for a time, not forever.
Sooner or later, he will come back and start running through all the steps again……
“Hhhmm……I can’t break apart her marriage? Okay, lets see if I can make her become overcome with fear and anxiety. I can’t make her full of anxiety? Okay, lets see if I can get her to neglect bible study. I can’t get her to neglect bible study? Okay, I can make her husband cheat on her, etc.” and keeps going on and on and on down the list until he finds SOMETHING to FULL OUT SPIRITUALLY ATTACK a person with!
And then, once he has attacked a person on ONE thing, he will then oftentimes try to then attack a person with MULTIPLE THINGS so he can hold them down and KEEP THEM DOWN for as long as possible. Imagine if the game of Christian life were like a boxing ring. Once Satan has you down, he wants to hold you down for as long as possible. But Jesus is like the referee who won’t LET him hold you down any longer if you cry out to Jesus in fervent prayer & submit yourself to Jesus by not only OBEYING him but by TRUSTING HIM!
9. The spiritual battle is a subtle one, it doesn’t happen all at once. Maybe you don’t feel like reading your bible one day. And then maybe next week, you don’t feel like attending church. And then, the week after that, you don’t even feel like reading or meditating on the bible at all and become much too focused on “secular life”. It all starts out SO SMALL……then eventually leads up to things that are SO BIG…..problems in our lives that would indicate we’re in what the archangel Michael called to me during a partial N.D.E.”THE RED ZONE”. That is the point in our lives where we become SO overwhelmed with our sins and SO overwhelmed by the feelings of fear, guilt, shame, and disbelief, that we feel we are BEYOND HOPE and become MOST ESTRANGED from God/Jesus Christ! And that is THE MOST DANGEROUS place to be (in “THE RED ZONE”).
10. Whenever you feel OVERWHELMED with feelings of doubt, fear, insecurity, lack of faith, shame, guilt, or feel this ever-so-“strange”/”strong” urge to look at NEW AGE MATERIALS (Ouiji boards, Meditation, Yoga, Wicca), please realize that you are under SEVERE DEMONIC ATTACK and that if you actually SUBMIT to these feelings and NOT to Jesus Christ, there’s a chance your soul could be lost for ETERNITY! So please, I beg of you, if you ever find yourself in a situation where you discover you’re under “severe demonic attack”, PRAY TO JESUS CHRIST! IN FERVENT PRAYER, NEVER CEASING! For it is the ONLY WAY by which you will be able to free yourself from Satan’s attacks!
11. Remember that Satan HATES US (all those who’ve washed away our sins with the blood of the lamb, Jesus Christ), and that he will STOP AT NOTHING to OVERTAKE US! But don’t let him win! Put all your faith, trust and love into Jesus Christ, TODAY! And you can be sure! You WILL have a spot in Jesus’s eternal kingdom someday! 😉
“Lord Jesus, the name above all other names, I pray for all the lost souls out there or wayward souls that have strayed from you, lately. Please bring them back to you and bring them to a saving knowledge OF and trust IN you! Please shed light on just HOW Satan’s been at work in their lives, lately and give them the necessary spiritual tools to fight him off, once and for all, in their lives! Please help them to spiritually ENDURE until the end! Please help them have the faith in you that’s SO strong, that even death or the threat of death wouldn’t part them from you! Please give them a renewed strength, faith and hope in YOU! Please shed your light on them always, in this dark and fallen world. And Lord, if they are followers of other religions (particularly of the Catholic, Islam, Mormon, etc. religion), I pray that you work on their hearts and give them a renewed heart and renewed wisdom about the eternal truth that can ONLY be found in YOU! I pray that you bring them (as many as are willing) to the fold and that you bless them and keep them for eternity and that their newfound faith in you will NEVER fail them, no matter what. Amen”.